- Learn everything there is to know about Tag Decks & Deck Sets
- Learn nuances of the query language and ways to improve the relevance of search results
- Compare existing backup tools and back up only parts that matter
- Keep bookmarks on audio and video files with VLC, on web pages, on regular folders…
- Assign tags by wildcards on the file name, by regular expressions or from custom sources
- Work with SQLite from PHP, Firefox, command-line, etc. to make arbitrary modifications to the database
- Use Copy (Ctrl+C) to export selection as JSON, merge databases, use it in Excel (another way), Node.js, AutoHotKey…
- Write scripts that work together with Stagsi and realize the power of attachments
- Add support for thumbnails of any file format using a C# plugin or other means
- Show a splash screen when somebody opens your database
- Refer to files imported as links by relative path, not absolute
- Collaborate on a database via git or a network share or give a read-only access via web (a PHP sample)
- Write a Google Chrome plugin and communicate with Stagsi as with a Native Messaging Host
- Create a database from scratch to visualize your data, such as a Unicode grid (PHP) or Freelancer.com contest results
Windows 7/8/10. Net Framework 4.6+ (already bundled with Windows 10).
Hardware, for large databases: either a lot of RAM (for thumbnail caching) or a very fast disk (SSD or NVMe).
Portable builds store all files within the program’s folder. Such archives contain several folders: dist – the actual program (extract anywhere on your system), pre and post – installation scripts (not needed by most users).
These archives also work for upgrading Stagsi in offline via menu in the system tray.
About vendor lock-in
Short answer: no. Stagsi is built on top of SQLite – an open-source database engine used by Android, Firefox and other world-class projects. Other data files are equally easy to read (JSON, etc.). We provide detailed description of our data formats and even code libraries to work with them. You can always migrate away from Stagsi if it fails you (but first let us know!).